Must Reads

  • The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  • The Time-Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • Thirteen Reasons Why by James Asher

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Update

So, long time no write. Anyway, an update. The two short shorts I submitted to the writing contest here in town did not win; however, the short story "Spite" will appear in NIC's literary magazine this fall. I haven't really been writing a lot of short stories (I seem to get in the mood for them about once a year), and in fact, haven't really written anything at all lately. So, in the interest of inspiring myself, I'm going to post what I have done so far on my fantasy young adult novel Saving Neverland. I've noticed that readers, both young and adult alike, are turning more and more to familiar stories told in new ways so I figured I'd give it a shot. I already know everything that's going to happen in Saving Neverland, I just haven't finished it yet. Read it or not...it's definitely a work in progress. You can find it in the longer work section.

No comments:

Post a Comment